Now that you have installed the RewardStream Referrals app on your store, it is time to make configurations updates. In order to provide the best customer experience, we recommend that you configure the following two settings in your Shopify admin listed below.
Before you configure those steps, we recommend that you watch our quick video on how to access the RewardStream Referrals app in your Shopify Store:
- Login to your Shopify Store.
- Click Apps in the left menu.
- Find RewardStream Referrals in the list of apps and click on it.
- How your referral program appears in your store: there are 2 options to display your referral program to your customers (and both can be used together):
- Option #1: Floating Referral Button: This is the default, the app inserts a "Refer A Friend" button that floats at the bottom of your website. You can customize the position, button text, button color, and button text color.
- Option #2: Dedicated Referral Page via Liquid Templates: You can embed the referral program on any page simply by pasting the code below in the screenshot into your page. We recommend creating a Liquid template page that goes to https://www.yourstore.com/refer with link from your home page menu. This also helps with SEO for your customers discovering your referral program in search engines.
2. Restrict your referral program so only customers who have made an order with you can make referrals: If you'd like, you can restrict your referral program to only customers who have made an order with you in the past before they can make a referral. If you enable this setting, you can customize the message your customer will see if they try to refer someone but they haven't made a purchase before in your store. We recommend leaving this toggled off to allow as many people to discover your referral program.