One of the great things about the RewardStream Referral Program, is that it will automatically help nurture your customers through the referral process on your behalf. We will be sending emails throughout the progression of the referral cycle, whether it’s to welcome them, foster them through the sharing process, notify them that they have earned a reward, and several more.
There are 3 key areas to review about managing your unsubscribe email list within the RewardStream portal:
1. UPLOADING YOUR EMAIL OPT OUT LIST
Do you currently send out email communications to your customers? If so, it’s important that we sync up with your email opt out list. Please follow the instructions below.
If you currently do NOT send email communications to your customers, then there is no need to provide an email opt out list since you don’t have one. If you plan to start sending emails in the near future, you may want to revisit this article at that time to ensure we provide the best customer experience and visit the article on how to export the list we may have accumulated.
- Prepare your email opt out list with your email service provider, and ensure that it is in a .csv format
- Log into the RewardStream Portal
- On the menu on the left hand side, select Unsubscribe List
- On the top portion of the page, select the button ‘Upload CSV’, and select the file.
- Upon uploading, you will notice that all the emails will appear in a list format, with one email address per line.
- Click on the Submit button.
- You should have a blue box on top that will provide a count of the following: Processed Records Failures and Successfully Processed. That’s it!
We recommend that you import this list on a weekly basis in order to respect your customers’ request. We also suggest that you check your email opt out legislation within your country to ensure that you are abiding by the number of days you have to remove someone from your email list.
2. EXPORTING THE REFERRAL PROGRAM EMAIL OPT OUT LIST
If sending an email to your customers is in the near future, we recommend that you sync up with the email opt out requests that we have collected on your behalf with your email service provider.
- Log into the RewardStream Portal
- On the menu on the left hand side, select Unsubscribe List.
- On the bottom portion of the page, select the button 'Export Unsubscribe List’.
- The list should then download in a .csv file format onto your device, and you can locate your file wherever your default download location is.
- You are now able to take this list and upload it to your email service provider.
If you send email communications regularly, it is recommended that you export this list on a weekly basis in order to respect your customers’ request. We also suggest that you check your email opt out legislation within your country to ensure that you are abiding by the number of days you have to remove someone from your email list.
What is the unsubscribe email list used for?
The unsubscribe email list is used to ensure we don’t send any referral program emails to anyone who has opted out of your list. This list is key in 2 different scenarios:
- Referral email - During the registration process for a referrer, within the Terms and Conditions, they are agreeing to receive email communications from the referral program. If someone then refers their friend, their friend hasn’t NOT technically opted in to receive emails. If you provide your unsubscribe list, we will then check that list before sending the referral email to ensure it is not sent to anyone who has opted out to receive emails from your company.
- A customer no longer want to receive program emails – if a referrer/referee has checked the box where they agree to the terms and conditions, they will be receiving emails. If somewhere during the referral cycle, they no longer want to receive emails, they can select ‘Unsubscribe’ at the footer of any email, and they will be removed from the list.
What happens if someone unsubscribes from the Referral Program list?
If someone chooses to opt out, we will remove them from the list, and will not send them emails. They will also be removed from the referral program, and will not be able to earn rewards. You are able to export this list to sync up with an existing email opt out list you may already have.
Why do you have a list of people who have opted out of emails?
Since we send emails on your behalf, we include an unsubscribe list at the footer of each email. Our system will keep track of users who have opted out, and will ensure that we do not send them emails.